Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"A Simpler Time" Peter Fitzsimons



Book Crashing is back!!
   I must have lots to do because I'm also finding ways to let my creative streak be expressed and taking time to do things that move beyond introversion... If you're in or near Murrays Beach today you might be able to pick up this copy of Peter Fitz book.... and maybe hit this blog and let us know that you did, what you thought of the book, where you've left it and so on.... I have 2 more books to 'crash' this week...
   What I love about this book is that it describes the same era in which I grew up. Although it's based around the Hawkesbury and Peter's pretty secular lifestyle I can feel the fabric of the times and it evoked memories and anecdotes of my own...
   This was the era of Penguin polo shirts, boardshorts, cardigans, picnics at the Dam or weekends at Port Stephens. It's the time of Chrysler Valiant, Cyclops scooters and old fashioned Public School education.
   This is when you could fill a bag with 10c of mixed lollies, cobbers or aussie hats, buy a salad sandwich for 10c and win LP records from the wrapper of a sunnyboy or Poncho Punch frozen cordial triangle...
   It's before the big bang and the atom, Sunday trading and electronic gadgets!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you find or get given a 'Book Crashing' book.... leave a comment and I'll post it... read the book and 'crash it' again!!